Wednesday, October 8, 2008

First Day of School (belated)

2008_09_28 050

I have been having trouble getting back into the swing here since we have been back from vacation. Eleanor is back in school and the adjustment is just starting to smooth out. So, several weeks later, here is a little post about our girl's first day of nursery school.

The first day we took pictures, got the school bag ready to go, and headed to the school. There was a coffee for parents, so they could be close in case of tears. I'm glad I stayed, I don't think I expressed clearly enough that I would be back to pick her up at the end of the half-day. The funny thing is, I remember worrying so much as a kid that when I said goodbye to my mom, I might not see her again. Now that we are back and into the routine, I think things are a lot easier, and certainly more fun.

The school is a cooperative school, which means the parents are involved in the classroom and also in the day to day operations. It is so much fun to see the kids in action, learning and creating. I think it will be a really great experience as we go through the year, for both Eleanor and me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great photo! She looks so proud and excited.

Unknown said...

Wow, she looks so much like you and Jessy in this photo, Vince!