Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lavender

We have a lovely lavender plant on our dining room table right now. Eleanor takes great joy in rubbing the leaves between her fingers and smelling the lavender's gentle fragrance. So, this morning while the kids were eating some granola, I stepped out of the room for a moment and as I came back down the hallway, I heard, "Now Henry, put this up your nose..." What? I rounded the corner to find Eleanor holding a small lavender leaf to her brother. I promptly grabbed it and explained to her that we don't stick things up our noses, at which point I noticed that she was trying to stick her finger up her own nose. I realized that she had probably tried this out on herself first. After a couple of minutes of me holding one nostril down and her blowing, the little green culprit made its way back out. Kids can get into things faster than you can say "Jack Robinson."

No comments: