Thursday, September 4, 2008

What do you do with a drunken sailor?

As September begins, our family is gearing up for the big trip to Michigan for Aunt Jess and Uncle Ryan's wedding. Plus, Eleanor will be starting school next week just before we leave for our trip. Lots of big excitement coming up. I think the kids can feel my excitement -- I have always been a bit high strung when something noteworthy is about to happen -- and it has made them bit testy the past few days.

For the wedding, Eleanor will be the flower girl and Henry will be the ring "bear" (as Eleanor calls it). I'm so glad Henry is walking, though I fear he may look like a drunken sailor striking the Heisman pose going down the aisle. In Eleanor's case, I hope we are able to get her into a dress instead of the Thomas shirt that was intended for Henry and is therefore about four sizes to small. Whatever happens, we look forward to celebrating with Jess, Ryan and the rest of the family.

No comments: