Monday, March 3, 2008

Kisses, Hugs and Other Updates

Henry is giving the most wonderful kisses and hugs these days. By kiss, I mean open-mouthed, slobbery gumming on the cheek/chin -- very sweet.

He is also sitting up very well for long periods of time. He occasionally leans forward as if he is going to crawl but doesn't have enough control yet and usually face plants. He did a couple of super face plants into the grass yesterday when I was outside raking the leaves out of the daffodils. Still not entirely sure how he managed to do it, I had him set up in a way that I thought would make it difficult.

He still loves his sister and she is able to make him laugh more than anyone else. If she is laughing, he is laughing too. If she is crying, he is usually still laughing.

Both kids have had a rotten cold for the past week and I have been referring to them as my barking seals because that is exactly what they sound like. And, I am not sure if it is due to the cold or teeth but they have both been excessively cranky. Eleanor is getting some molars on the top and Henry might be getting one or two of his front bottom teeth, though we can't see anything yet.

Amazing how fast they change! More pictures soon to come.

No comments: