Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Measurements

I am getting ready to make a dress for Eleanor using a pattern. This will be the first time I have ever used a real pattern, the kind that comes in an envelope with the tissue paper. I've always seen them at the fabric store and they seem really intimidating. Well, they are. I pulled the thing out and I still have yet to figure out which size to cut so that the dress will actually fit her. I read all the directions, which is not usually in my nature for a creative project like this, and still, nothing. So, I decided to take all of Eleanor's measurements while she was awake so that I could work on figuring it out while she is asleep.

After I had finished with her measurements, I came back in the room a few minutes later and found her taking some measurements on her doll (actually, Riley's doll -- on long term loan). Not only was she using the tape measure, she was also writing down the measurements on the bottom of the sheet I had used to record my own information. What a stitch! (Pun intended.)

2008_07_08 070

2008_07_08 068

No comments: