Friday, January 9, 2009

Some Christmas Thoughts

I know it is well into 2009 but after a(n) (un) healthy dose of the stomach flu, pink eye, ear infections and coughs, I am just now getting to the Christmas pictures. By the way, it wasn't just me that had all those things (thank heavens!), the maladies were spread out pretty evenly amongst our family members. And, don't worry, we are all better or on the mend.

Christmas was magical with the kids this year. It has always been my favorite season but now I play the role of the excited adult instead of the excited kid. We arrived to Michigan with 10 inches of beautiful white snow.

2009_01_05 046

The kids wanted so badly to make a snow man and we didn't have to wait too long for the snow to be perfect for packing. Vince and the kids made an enormous snowman, which I promptly, but accidentally, knocked down.

2009_01_05 092

We got in a bit of sledding on the sidewalk, but it was sort of scary at first. Vince had to show them how it was done. It wasn't until we started calling it the snow train that the kids really got into it. Eleanor especially was having a ball getting on and off with "snow tickets" at various "stations".

2009_01_05 094

We got to see Aunt Jess and Uncle Ryan, a really nice surprise.

2009_01_05 057

And, we celebrated Christmas Eve complete with the Christmas Pie (which unfortunately I don't have any pictures of) and Grandma's reading of the Night Before Christmas with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Eric, Aunt Sarah, Crystal and Laurie.

2009_01_05 102

Christmas morning was spent with Mu, Tada, Nana, Aunt Glee, Auntie Lynda, and Mike opening all of the gifts that Santa Claus brought in the stockings.

2009_01_05 105

I realize this post is getting very long and picture heavy but it was just so special to spend this time with our families. Just a couple more pictures though to round it out because there so many special little moments that I just don't want to forget -- the kids running through the mall holding hands and giggling, Eleanor dancing around the house to the Nutcracker wearing the tutu that Nana made for me when I was about her age, and Henry tromping around in the snow for the very first time.

2009_01_05 068

2009_01_05 110

2009_01_05 093

2 comments:

Brad said...

Sounds just like our holidays! Glad to see we are all on the mend!

Cate and Steve said...

Molly, Henry is so handsome, and I love Eleanor's new haircut! I love reading your blog. You guys do some of the most fun family adventuring!