Saturday, January 17, 2009

This Morning

This morning we went down to the National Gallery of Art for a morning of culture. It was really exciting to see preparations being made for all of the inaugural events that will take place in the next few days. The Capitol was decked out with flags, there was a mini MSNBC studio on the Mall at 7th Street SW broadcasting some sort of coverage, there were a million news trucks from all over lining Madison Drive, there were speakers and equipment near the Lincoln Memorial for the big concert tomorrow (Bono!, Springsteen, etc.), and there were port-a-pottys everywhere. Vince asked me as we were driving down Jefferson if I could see any parking spots across the mall on Madison and my reply was "No, all I can see are port-a-pottys!"

Anyway, there is certainly a buzz in the air around here. It is so exciting to be able to witness these historic moments in person. I'll have to take the camera next time!

No comments: