Monday, August 20, 2007

Why Blog?

We have been publishing our website for nearly two years now but I wanted to start this blog for a couple of reasons.

First, I have been reading a lot of parenting blogs recently and they have inspired me to write more about our little monkeys, the things they like and activities we do with them. I hope that our family and friends will like reading this format and maybe some other folks will enjoy the posts too, just as I have enjoyed other parents blogs.

Second, the blogger format is so much easier to work with. All I have to do is type down my thoughts and hit the publish button. I have learned a lot already and plan to keep learning so that I can make it more interactive and fun to read. I'll start adding pictures now too so that all of my wordiness doesn't get too boring!

Now that you have the reasoning, I will also mention that in the first few posts I had started out calling Eleanor our Howler and Henry our Squeaker, but decided to just use their first names. I will eventually incorporate our pictures from Flickr and our kids names are listed there anyway so there is no sense in excluding them from this blog.

No comments: