Sunday, June 8, 2008

Broomball with Beth

Our friend Beth has an interesting hobby -- broomball. I remember skating with my precision team ages ago for the intermission of the MSU hockey team vs. coaches broomball game, but I had no idea that there was such an active broomball community before Beth clued us in. This weekend we got to see her in action at a tournament held nearby in the Washington Capitals new practice arena. It was fun to see the teams playing, and extra nice since Beth's team won. It also made me want to skate like crazy, even though broomball is played in shoes. I may have to get a new pair of skates though, since I am fairly sure my feet won't be able to squeeze into the old ones after the foot growth from two pregnancies. Anyway, here are a few pictures of number 9 in action:

2008_06_08 046

2008_06_08 038

And, Eleanor enjoying a chocolate milk at the rink in her fairy costume:

2008_06_08 051

No comments: