Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pillows and Burp Rags

I made some pillows for Eleanor's room and some burp rags for a friend who just had a baby. (Hmm, there must be a nicer sounding word than burp rag...)

2008_04_14 015

The pillow inserts I have had since Eleanor was about three months old and I am just now finally getting around to making covers! I do like how they turned out though. It really has more to do with the cute Alexander Henry fabric than with my sewing but no need to dwell on that. I was going to put zippers in but got impatient and just stitched them up by hand so we could start using them. Plus, I don't really know how to put a zipper in. I don't think the hand stitching is too terribly conspicuous.

2008_04_14 024

The three little burp rags are blue polka dot fabric and different colors of blue terry cloth on back. I re-purposed one of the little bags from Eleanor's birthday party (which never happened due to ear infections) as the wrapping. The colors are perfect together. Now to get to the post office and get it in the mail.

2008_04_11 103

The weather is beautiful, cool and sunny, here today. We were all really sick with a 24 hour bug over the weekend so it is nice to feel good and have the weather nice too.

1 comment:

Brad said...

You are quite the craftswomen, Molly! Great work gang!