Monday, May 12, 2008

Box. Or Boat.

Sometimes I am appalled at how much packaging material Amazon uses to ship things. For instance, I recently ordered some cute wall stickers (so that Henry's room has a bit more personality than a hospital ward) and they came packaged in a very sturdy tube. However, instead of just mailing the tube, Amazon picked a rather large box to put the tube in and then stuffed it with probably twenty feet of brown packaging paper. I was fuming about the waste when I realized that Eleanor was sitting in the box and singing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" at full volume. And, not just once, she kept pulling this box out and using it as her boat. Anyway, I stopped fuming for a while and just enjoyed Eleanor's imagination.

Eleanor taking Rosemary and Teddy Bear for a boat ride:
2008_05_03 227

Eleanor paddling furiously down the river with one of her train tracks as an oar:
2008_05_03 214

No comments: