Friday, October 12, 2007

Library Books - week of October 8, 2007

Wow, I have been trying to write about this bunch of library books for a while now. We have had these books for over a week and there are a couple Eleanor and Henry really like.

1. Freight Train/Tren de Carga by Donald Crews
I saw this book on the Design Mom blog and given Eleanor's recent affection for trains, I decided to reserve it at the library and give it a try. What a hit! It is a simple book with bright colorful illustrations that any train loving kid will thoroughly enjoy. Eleanor especially likes the pages with just train tracks and the page that shows the train crossing trestles. Plus it is in English and Spanish.

2. Black on White by Tana Hoban
As the name implies, this is a book of black illustrations on white backgrounds, perfect for little eyes to enjoy. Eleanor picked this wordless book out for Henry and I would venture to say that he has really enjoyed looking at the illustrations of things such as a butterfly, a bib, and keys. Apparently, Tana Hoban also has a book called white on black, which I am sure would be equally entertaining for the younger crowd.

The other books we picked up are alright but pale in comparison to these two. So, I think I'll just leave it at that for today.

No comments: