Friday, January 18, 2008

Can't Write. Too Tired. OK, just a little.

Henry and Eleanor (mostly Eleanor) kept us on our toes last night. So much so that I am too tired to actually put together any coherent thoughts. Yet I'm writing anyway. I know, makes no sense.

I just wanted to make a few notes on Henry's developmental milestones. He's recently, in the last week or so, started rolling from back to front. He is able to sit like a tripod for a bit and even sit up straight for a few seconds at a time. Won't be long before all of that is old hat. He is raking with his hands and it even seemed (maybe just due to my overtired stupor) that he was trying to use his pincer grasp this morning. Everything is going straight into his mouth, including some new foods. We've moved past rice cereal and he's tried banana and pear. Seems to like the pear a lot.

And, while I'm at it, a few funny turns of phrase that Eleanor has been using lately. She says "really" all the time: really tired, really cold, really funny, really scary, etc. Another favorite is "maybe": maybe this one, maybe just one more, etc. She is working on sorting out her pronouns as well. She still says "You are really heavy", instead of "I am really heavy", when I am carrying her and she wants me to put her down. She has, however, wrapped her mind around the concept of "mine", even though she still says "mine eyes" or "mine giraffe".


So, to wrap up this sleep deprived babble, I thought I'd put up some pics of Henry and Eleanor, each at about 6 months, just for fun. I don't think they look much alike:

2008_01_16 031

2006_06_25 048

(Would you look at the hair on that girl?!)

No comments: