Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Zoom, Zoom Ridin' in the Car...

Music Together class started up again today. I do love music class -- Linda is a great teacher, the songs are always lively and fun, and watching the kids dance about is so sweet. I do, however, get sick of listening to the same song over and over. Not songs, plural -- I quite like the songs. It is the song that Eleanor chooses to LOVE that I get sick of. I can tell this class it is going to be "Ridin' in the Car". As some of you may remember, Eleanor fixated on "Sandpiper" in the last class and cried frantically when the song would end. There was one day in particular where we listened to that song for about 8 hours straight. We did eventually move past the hysterics but she still asks for that song more than any other.

When we got home today and put the CD on, "Ridin' in the Car" happened to be the first song after the standard "Hello Song" and we were unable to get past it. I think she really enjoyed pretending to drive a car at class today, which I suppose is understandable. I mean who doesn't like leaning to one side as if driving at top speed around a hairpin turn? The funny thing is, "Ridin' in the Car" has many of the same components as "Sandpiper" does: a lively upbeat tune, several engaging but easy to remember verses, and a final verse that involves sleeping (sleeping by the sea in the case of the sandpiper, sleeping in the car in the case of this new song). We'll see if it sticks as her new favorite.

No comments: