Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Grandma and Grandpa have been on, what I can only imagine, must be a lovely vacation in Hawai'i. They were very thoughtful and shared a small piece of Hawai'i with us in the form of two lovely pineapples, which came wrapped up in a box with a sweet little note and instructions on how to properly cut up a pineapple.

2008_01_12 009

Knowing full well that we would not be able to eat two huge pineapples all at once, I decided to put one of the two to good use in an upside down cake. I used the recipe from my America's Test Kitchen cookbook -- one of my favorites for delicious recipes when you don't care how much butter is used. With my two little helpers at my side, we managed to get all the ingredients together. Other than the fact that I didn't cook it quite long enough and had to put it back in the oven after taking a slice, it turned out pretty darn good.

2008_01_16 044

Oh, and by the way, the pineapples were divine. Eleanor ate about half the pineapple I had cut for the cake and there was still more than enough. Yum!

No comments: